Sunday, June 19, 2005

too hot




Another blog all about me, but I’m so hot this week that I can’t think about anything else.

My body is radiating. My arms and back and legs are on fire. For a few days this week I honestly believed that I had a fever, the insanity and fear of which has driven me to start taking my malaria pills. I don’t have a thermometer, but I’m beginning to think that after 7 weeks of insanely raging temperatures my body has reached its heat saturation point. I give off heat like an electric blanket on a cold night. I hide in the shade but even in the shadows I sweat through my clothing. My skin cannot take in anymore heat or my blood will begin to boil. It is scorching, blistering, blazing, boiling and sweltering.

I feel better after writing this… maybe I just needed to let off some steam…

It has done me good to be somewhat parched by the heat
and drenched by the rain of life.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: